Women's Health Workshop: Taking Care of Ourselves and our Future
Healthy Pregnancy Workshops
Stronger together! Offering women wise ways of taking care of ourselves.
- Your inner journey to becoming a mom
- Taking care of yourself and your baby during pregnancy
- Emotional wellness, stress reduction and nutrition
- Understanding your cycles, fertility and family planning
- Fetal development and screenings and procedures for the childbearing year
- Navigating the Health Care System
- NIA movement and belly dancing
- Speakers and Practitioners: Gertrude Lyons (EdD), Annie Spindler (Serenity Acupuncture), Sarah Watson (DC)
Cost: $25 for each workshop
Pre-registration is required. Please contact Mary Sommers, Academic Affairs Director of Midwest Maternal Child Institute, at email@example.com or click on the register button below.
Mary Sommers, CPM, MPS. Mary is the Academic Affairs Director of the Midwest Maternal Child Institute. She is a Certified Professional Midwife licensed in Wisconsin, and holds a Master’s Degree in Public Service from DePaul University. She is currently Director of Birth Center Operations and Maternal Child Health Programs at PCC Community Wellness Center in Berwyn, Illinois. Mary has many years of experience and the wisdom that comes from participating in more than 1,700 deliveries over the past three decades. Mary was a World Health Organization Fellow, studying maternal health and breastfeeding programs in the Netherlands and Great Britain. She has worked in Wisconsin, Illinois, Texas, and has international experience working with midwives in Mexico and Malawi. Mary is the author of More Than a Midwife: Stories of Grace, Glory, and Motherhood and The Doula Handbook. She is featured in the book, Bright Lights of the Second City: 50 Prominent Chicagoans on Living with Passion and Purpose by Betsy Storm. Her book and APP, A Midwife's Guide on Google play is downloaded 8,000 per month in 75 countries.